- Reading Ale Trail returns for 2019
Ale and cider drinkers across Reading and Berkshire will be gearing up for nearly 8 weeks of imbibing and sticker collecting fun this week.
- Gala Presentation Evening a success!
Our annual awards evening was again a hit.
- Nag's Head reaches last 16
Wins 2018 Central Southern Regional Pub of the Year
- Retreat to be closed for a short while
The Retreat will close at 19:00 on Sun 14th Oct and reopen on Fri 26th Oct. This is for Cellar Refurbishments and some other work on the pub.
- 2018 Ale Trail pubs announced!
The Reading & Mid Berks branch of The Campaign for Real Ale – CAMRA – are pleased to announce the names of the 24 pubs that will take part in the 2018 Ale Trail...
- Another year, Another Ale Trail.....Reading & Mid Berkshire CAMRA Launch their 2018 Ale Trail
Saturday 10th February 2018 at 12.00 will see the launch of the Reading & Mid Berkshire CAMRA Ale Trail...
- New Lease of Life for Reading & Mid Berkshire CAMRA
In late 2017 the Reading & Mid Berkshire Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) suffered a scare that could have seen the Branch fold due to a lack of members coming forward to fill key Committee posts...
- The Branch is saved!
We're very pleased to announce that at last night's Branch meeting, volunteers came forward to fill the key volunteer roles.
- Urgent call for volunteers
The future of your Reading & Mid Berks CAMRA branch is at stake
- October is CAMRA's (the Campaign for Real Ale) National Cider and Perry Month
To celebrate, some CAMRA festivals are giving the spotlight to cider & perry!
- Important info about our Gala Presentation Evening
...including a change of venue!
- The Nag's Head does the Regional double!
Reading pub wins both Regional awards
- CAMRA’s Manifesto for the 2017 General Election
- Champion Cider and Perrys 2017
The Reading Beer & Cider Festival once again played host to the South of England Regional rounds and National final of the National Cider & Perry Championship...
- Champion Beer of Britain Regional Round results
From the 2017 Reading Beer and Cider Festival...
- LocAle of the Festival 2017 Winners
- Volunteer for the Reading Beer & Cider Festival 2017
Staffing form now open...
- Latest issue of Mine's a Pint out now!
Issue 41 of our Branch Magazine is now available to read online
- Drinkers Toast Launch of the Reading CAMRA Ale Trail
The Reading and Mid Berks branch of CAMRA is pleased to announce the launch of one of the most popular of its regular events, both with pubs and drinkers - the Ale Trail.
- Why I’m looking forward to Bournemouth 2017
From our national Chairman, Colin Valentine...
- Pub of the Year 2017 voting now open!
- Launch of Third Revitalisation Project Consultation Survey
- Request for volunteers interested in taste panels
- Revitalisation Consultation – summary of results of 2nd survey of members
- 2016 Champion Beer of Britain announced!
...and it's one of our local breweries!
- CAMRA Gala Presentation 2016
- Berkshire Pub of the Year - Get Involved!
- Have your say on the future of CAMRA
This is CAMRA’s Revitalisation Project, which has been set up to find new ways to breathe life into the Campaign. We are consulting all of you, the CAMRA members. The decision is in your hands.
- Champion Beer of Britain round at our beer festival
- 2016 LocAle beers of Reading Beer Festival
Announcing our winners...
- Reading CAMRA slam Cask Marque report
- The Ale Trail rolls on!
Still plenty of time to join in the fun.
- Drinkers Toast Launch of the Reading CAMRA Ale Trail
- New brewery in Wokingham - Bond Brews
- Reading Beer & Cider Festival is moving!
Reading Beer & Cider Festival announces new location for first time in 20 years
- Christmas Gift Memberships
This Christmas why not get your loved one a one year CAMRA gift membership package?
- Wargrave & District Snooker Club awarded Club of the Year
Winner of the Reading & Mid-Berks CAMRA 2015 Club of the Year Award.
- Launch of Featured Pub section
- Gala Awards evening for our branch award winners
The evening will celebrate some of the best of the wonderful selection of pubs in our branch - and some of the excellent beers that can be enjoyed in them.
- CAMRA Berkshire County Winner 2015
- Oktoberwest - Saturday 19th September 2015
Oktoberwest 2015 promises to be a fun, light-hearted event complete with live music and dancing. Relish the atmosphere while supping on the best real ales and craft beers and dining on traditional Bavarian fare and international street food. More information at http://www.wbbrew.com/oktoberwest/
- Hop Fest & The Fox and Hounds, Caversham
To celebrate winning the Reading and Mid-Berks CAMRA Pub of the Year 2015, the Fox and Hounds in Caversham will be holding a beer festival celebrating all things hoppy.
- Reading Beer Festival - LocAle Beers of the Festival 2015
LocAle Beers of Reading Beer Festival 2015 announced!
- Very sad news
We're very saddened to report that Russ Wood passed away yesterday afternoon. RIP Russ, we miss you.
- 2016 Reading Beer & Cider Festival Organiser
From Our Chair... Advance warning that a Beer Festival Organiser for the 2016 Reading Beer & Cider Festival will be co-opted...
- Morris Men to visit The Crown at Swallowfield
- The Village - Easter Music and Real Ale Festival
Over this coming Easter weekend three of Reading’s longtime favorite backstreet pubs will be hosting the Village Music & Ale Festival.
- Pub of the Year 2015 Announced!
We're pleased to announce that the Reading & Mid-Berkshire CAMRA Pub of the Year 2015 is...
- CAMRA Members' Weekend and AGM
CAMRA's Members’ Weekend, featuring the National AGM and conference, will be taking place
at the Albert Hall in Nottingham, on Friday 17th - Sunday 19th April 2015. Pre-registration to this event is now
open and we hope that you will be able to make this key event in CAMRA’s calendar.
- Champion Beer of Britain 2014 Winners
- Caversham Pub Crawl - 27 Sept
On Saturday, 27th September, Berkshire South East CAMRA are doing a pub crawl in Caversham and have invited Reading & Mid-Berkshire CAMRA members and friends along to enjoy the experience.
- Pub Closures Meeting - 28 July
Meeting at Eldon Arms on 28 July regarding recent spate of pub closures/threats in and around Reading.
- 2014 local election candidates on pub closures
Gareth Epps contacted candidates for the May 2014 local council elections regarding their positions on pub closures in the Reading and Mid-Berkshire CAMRA region.
- Ale Trail 2014
The Trail Finished on Monday 7th April
- Greyfriar update: Re-opening at 4pm today
- Pub of the Year 2014
And the winner was
- Search for Cider Pub of the Year 2014
Public nominations are now open for CPotY 2014. Click for more info.
- AGM 2013
Annual General Meeting on 11 November, 8pm at the Corn Stores, Reading
- Pub of the Year 2013 Update
The Nags Head is "Central South Region Pub of the Year 2013!"
- Cider Pub of the Year 2013!
The Alehouse is "Berkshire Cider Pub of the Year 2013!"
- Club of the Year 2013!
Our Club of the Year for 2013 is the Wargrave & District Snooker Club
- Pub of the Year 2013!
Our Pub of the Year for 2013 is the Nags Head, the runner-up being the Bird in Hand in Knowl Hill.
- New pub in Woodley!
Bosco Lounge opens with real ale